In this post, like the title says, I will give you the recipe of a pumpkin cupcake, that it’s very special because it’s a healthy cupcake so you don’t to worry for the calories that the cupcake has or how many fat has it, you only have to enjoy the cupcake.
Like this cupcake is made of pumpkin, the most appropriate time of the year to make it, is in Thanksgiving Day or if you want you can do it in any day of November.
Now, here is the recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 large banana, mashed (about 2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and blend. Add pumpkin and banana. Stir in flour, baking soda and powder, and spices. Add milk and mix until batter is smooth. Fill baking cups 3/4 full. Bake mini cupcakes for 11-13 minutes and regular cupcakes for 20-25.
And if you want you can also put a really delicious frosting on the top of the cupcake. Only if you want.
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar, depending on desired consistency
- Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add vanilla and pumpkin spice. Gradually add in sugar and mix until desired consistency is reached. If mixture is too thick or dry, add some milk 1 tablespoon at a time.
And you cupcake will look like this.
(Only if you followed the steps.)
And here are more options for healthy cupcakes.