Due to the bad weather in Boston and also to the low temperatures, I will give you 2 recipes of drinks that are perfect for this cold winter.
These drinks are really simple to do,but that doesn’t mean the flavour or the taste of the drinks are bad. And also you can’t forget that they have really easy-to-get ingredients, and the mix of this simple admixtures gives to the drinks areally special and unique taste.
Apple Spiced Tea
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 black tea bag
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add boiling water. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bag and spices. Stir in sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
+And for the ones that don’t like tea, here is an option for them.+
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 quart milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Place 1 tablespoon honey in each of six glasses; set aside. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, scald milk until small bubbles start to appear around the edges. Remove from heat, and add cinnamon and cloves. Cover and let steep 20 minutes. Return milk to high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Remove milk from heat, and using a teaspoon, remove and discard cloves. Transfer some of the hot milk to a blender, filling it halfway full. Cover blender, and place a kitchen towel over the lid to prevent hot liquid from splashing. Whip on high-speed until frothy, about 30 seconds. Pour into glasses, topping each with some foam; repeat with remaining hot milk.
- Stir milk to dissolve honey. Garnish with nutmeg, and serve